Puglian Lentils with Mint & Creamy Ricotta
If preparing for a BBQ or dinner party, this dish can all be prepped well before eating – add the ricotta and mint just before serving. Pair with sausages, grilled chicken or on its own for an impressive veggie spread!
Suitable for gluten-free and vegetarians
- 2 x pouches of Merchant Gourmet Puglia Lentils with Truffle Oil
- 180g frozen peas
- 70g broad beans
- 80g jarred artichokes marinated in oil
- 1 tub of ricotta
- A few sprigs of mint, leaves only
- Cracked black pepper
For the dressing
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Flaked sea salt
- Defrost the peas by pouring hot water over them and draining when they are ready.
- Pod the broad beans and roughly chop the artichokes.
- Put the peas, beans and artichokes in a large mixing bowl with the lentils and grate the zest of the lemon into the bowl.
- Whisk together the juice from the lemon with the olive oil and a good pinch of salt then pour the dressing over the lentil mix. Toss to combine and season to taste.
- Pile the lentils onto a serving plate and generously dollop ricotta over the top, along with plenty of pecorino. Tear the mint leaves over the top and give it all a few grinds of black pepper.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!