Puy Lentil, confit garlic, Coriander & Melon Salad
This tasty recipe uses traditional French methods that goes perfectly with our French Puy lentils. Once you’ve batch cooked the confit garlic, it takes no time to pull together this beautifully balanced salad.
Recipe by @AnnaBarnettCooks
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 3 heads of garlic, peeled
- 250-300g Olive oil, just enough to cover the garlic
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- Half a cantaloupe melon, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp of caper berries
- 2 limes, zested, sliced and juiced
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- Small bunch of coriander, ends trimmed
- Generous sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- Several turns of freshly ground black pepper
- Several good glugs of confit garlic oil plus 2 tbsp on confit garlic
- Begin by making your confit. it’s useful to batch make this in bulk and keep it in a jar
- Peel each of your garlic cloves then place them in a saucepan and cover with oil. Place over a medium heat and bring almost to boil then turn the temperature down to the lowest heat and allow to simmer for around an hour or until the cloves are soft but not mushy. Allow to cool a little then transfer the cloves and oil to a sterilised jar and store until ready to use.
- Prepare all remaining ingredients then begin by combining the Puy lentils and confit garlic. Add a little seasoning then scatter the puy lentils across the base of your serving platter and add on top all the remaining ingredients. Finish with lime zest, seasoning, extra coriander, chilli and little extra drizzle for the confit garlic oil. Serve immediately
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!