Puy Lentil, Goat’s Cheese and Sun Dried tomato Salad
The flavours and textures in this recipe all work really well together. The Puy Lentils also look great on your plate.
Suitable for vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- Goat cheese log with rind
- 240g Merchant Gourmet Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 shallots
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbs whole grain mustard
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to season
1.Make the vinaigrette: Place all the ingredients into a screw top jar and shake until everything is well combined. The vinaigrette will keep well in the fridge for a week or so
2.In a pan, fry the sliced shallots, garlic, chilli and cumin in a little oil
3.Add the Simply Cooked Puy Lentils and heat through
4.Add the sliced sun dried tomatoes, chopped parsley and a couple of table spoons of the reserved oil. Mix well and chill if preferred
5.Cut the goats cheese into 2 inch slices, leaving the rind on. Grill lightly until warm
6.Serve the cheese on top of the lentil salad drizzled with the vinaigrette
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!