Puy Lentil & Sausage Casserole
The Merchant Gourmet pouches are intended to make meals easier so this casserole is in keeping with that, requires only a few ingredients and is quick to prepare and delicious to eat.
Suitable for dairy-free
- 1 x 250g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- 6 high quality sausages
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Brown sausages in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. When brown (after about 15 minutes) take them out of the pan and set aside.
- Use the oil in the pan to cook the diced onions, crushed garlic and carrots on a low heat for about 10 minutes or until soft. Season with chilli flakes, paprika and salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes before adding in the tin of tomatoes.
- Cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes then add in the pre-cooked sausages, packet of lentils and half the brunch of parsley, chopped. Cook for a further 5 minutes before serving with the remaining parsley used as a garnish.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!