Quinoa and Feta-stuffed Aubergines
Scrumptious and super simple – a healthy twist on a stuffed veg classic.
Suitable for vegetarians
- 2 medium-sized aubergines
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 1 x pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- A small bowl of plain yoghurt (optional)
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, and line a baking sheet with a piece of silver foil.
2. Cut the aubergines in half, lengthwise. Drizzle the flesh side of the aubergines with a good glug of olive oil, and place on a baking tray, cut side down. Roast in the heated oven for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1tsp of olive oil in a small frying pan. Once hot, add the diced courgette and cook (stirring occasionally) until soft. Remove the pan from the heat and add the simply cooked quinoa, crumbled feta and chopped parsley. Give it a good stir and season to taste.
4. Remove the aubergine halves from the oven and scoop out some of the flesh (so you can stuff them). The flesh is really tasty, so chop it up and add it into the quinoa mixture – don’t let it go to waste.
5. Then divide the quinoa mixture into four, filling the aubergine halves and returning them to the oven for another five minutes, or until they’re heated through.
6. To serve, sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds – a good dollop of yoghurt goes really well too.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!