Quinoa, lentil & Tofu Nori Rolls with Avocado
Plant-based sushi – yes it’s a thing and we love it! Full wholesome goodness made with lentils and quinoa
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- ½ block marinated smoked tofu
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- Fresh ginger
- 2 x nori sheets
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
- 125g of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Add the red and white quinoa, soy sauce, lentils and white miso to a saucepan and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until the quinoa is soft and the mixture is slightly sticky. Allow to cool completely.
- Using a sushi mat if you have one, or just a chopping board, covered half a sheet of nori with a thin layer of the lentil and quinoa mixture and press down. In a line in the middle, add small strips of tofu and pepper next to each other, with a little avocado on top and fresh ginger. Take one edge of the nori sheet and roll this over the fillings in a tight sausage shape. Press together. With a sharp knife, cut length ways along the side and then cut the sushi into small bite-sized pieces.
- Repeat with another sheet of nori until you’ve used up all the lentil quinoa mixture. Serve with soy sauce and fresh ginger.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!