Quinoa Tabbouleh with Sweet Potato Pakora
This is a fresh and feisty little number with plenty of crunch from the cucumber and extra tang from the lemon
By Alex Mackay
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
- 2 heaped tsp red pepper tapenade or puree
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded and finely diced
- 100g sunblush or semi-dried baby plum tomatoes
- 40g peppadew peppers, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 50g flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 50g mint, leaves, finely chopped
- 80g sweet potato pakora or falafel (optional)
- Salt, sugar & cayenne pepper to season
- Put the red pepper puree, lemon juice and the extra virgin olive oil into a large bowl. Mix together and season to taste
- Heat the quinoa according to the instructions on the pouch. Mix with the dressing, you need the quinoa to be hot when you mix it with the dressing so that it absorbs the flavours inside as well as out
- Prepare the vegetables and herbs
- Once the quinoa has cooled to lukewarm, mix it with the vegetables and herbs. Season to taste
- If you are using it, crumble the sweet potato pakora or falafel over the top and serve
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!