Red Rainbow Salad with Persian Quinoa & Lentils
“This salad shows you how you can hack your way to delicious and beautiful by combining carefully shopped, good quality pre-cooked ingredients with a few fresh things to make a lovely meal. It is colourful, quick and can be layered up in jars or pots the night before.”
by Merchant Gourmet Cook, Alex Mackay
One 360g serving of this recipe is:
- Low in Saturated fat
- Low in sugar
- A source of protein
- A source of fibre
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 250g pouch of Persian-Style Quinoa & Lentils
- Zest of half a lemon & 3 tbsp juice
- 160g tinned or bottled roast peppers, diced 2cm
- 40g baby spinach or rocket or watercress
- 2 large cooked beetroot (120g), diced 1cm
- 40g radish, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- In a medium sized bowl mix the Persian-Style Quinoa & Lentils with the lemon juice and half the zest.
- If you want to eat your salad there and then, just mix everything together. If you are preparing it for a packed lunch, spoon half of the grains into your jars or pots. Follow with the diced peppers, half the spinach, the second half of the grains, the second half of the spinach the beetroot, the radish and pomegranate. Scatter over the zest. Spoon over the oil. Cover and take to work/school/play.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!