Red & White Quinoa with Chicken and Clams
Quinoa is fibre and protein-packed seed which is as versatile as rice. The red quinoa has a nuttier taste, which makes the duo well balanced. Quinoa absorbs the spices and herbs well in this recipe and delivers a twist on the surf and turf combination.
Suitable for dairy-free and gluten-free
- 1 x 250g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
- 2 x skinlessChicken thighs and diced (300g)
- 200g Clams in Shells
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Juice of one Lemon and Zest
- Handful of fresh herbs of choice, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Chillis to garnish
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
1. Prepare the Red & White Quinoa according to packaging instructions.
2. In a large frying pan, cook the onion until soft, add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken pieces, lemon juice, red peppers and a half cup of water. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4. Add the clams and cook for a further 2-3 minutes with the lid on, until they are fully open. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
5. Mix in the Red & White Quinoa with the chicken and clams.
6. Serve it all in a large dish, scatter your chopped herbs over the dish and garnish with chillis.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!