Roasted Harissa Cauliflower Steaks with Freekeh
This perfectly spiced recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner. Making the cauliflower the main event pairs perfectly with the Freekeh grain which has a chewy bite and smoky flavour
This recipe is
- Low fat
- Low sugar
- Low salt
- Source of fibre
- Source of folate, vitamin C and manganese
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 2 x 250g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Freekeh
- 2 cauliflower heads (cut into 3 steaks)
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Handful black olives (sliced)
- Handful flaked almonds
- Coconut yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180c and line two baking trays.
- Combine the harissa paste with the olive oil and put to one side.
- Next cut the cauliflowers into steaks and brush both sides with the harissa mix.
- Carefully place them on baking trays, along with the remaining ends of cauliflower. Cook these and save them for lunch or dinner tomorrow.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Now cook the freekeh and split between three plates.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on top, and garnish with sliced olives, flaked almonds and a drizzle of coconut yoghurt. Enjoy!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!