Roasted Vegetable and Glorious Grains Buddha Bowl with Avocado Dressing
Buddha Bowls, where small portions of different foods are combined to create a nourishing meal is a relatively new phenomenon. You can play with all sorts of Vegan ingredients finishing off with a healthy dressing. For this recipe I decided to use a zesty lime & avocado dressing. You can see why Buddha Bowls are also known as Nourishment Bowls. Feel free to play with the vegetable mix. Roasted sweet potatoes or squash work well. You could add a blanched green such as kale, broccoli or green beans.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Glorious Grains
- 300g baby topped carrots
- 500g fresh beetroot peeled and cubed
- 150g baby chestnut mushrooms
- 1 cauliflower head broken into small florets
- 100g frozen edamame beans
- 2 tsp Ras el Hanout
- 1/2 Sea salt
- 10 grinds black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Avocado Dressing
- 2 small avocados
- Juice of two limes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Up to 100ml water to loosen
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Lay your cauliflower, beetroot, carrots and mushrooms on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Try and keep each vegetable separate.
- Sprinkle over the salt, the black pepper and Ras el Hanout. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 10 minutes, remove the mushrooms and roast the remaining vegetable for a further 10 minutes.
- Whizz (or mash) together the avocado, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Loosen with a splash of water so that the dressing is of drizzling consistency.
- Put the edamame beans into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for a minute then drain.
- Warm through the glorious grains by either snipping the corner of the packet and microwaving for a minute or by placing the grains in a pan with a splash of water for a couple of minutes.
- Put the roasted vegetables, edamame beans and grains into one large sharing bowl or smaller individual bowls. Arrange them in portions as the photo shows. Drizzle with the avocado dressing or serve it on the side.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!