Roasted winter veg with puglia lentils and crispy chickpeas
This hearty recipe is perfect for a filling winter recipe with all the goodness of delicious roasted root veg.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- Fresh rosemary & thyme sprigs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 250g pouch Merchant gourmet Puglia Lentils with Truffle Oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas then tip onto a tea towel and rub them dry them, allowing the skins to come off.
- Discard the skins and tip into a bowl with 1 tbsp oil and mix well.
- Pour the chickpeas onto a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Next prepare all the vegetables, place onto a baking tray with the fresh rosemary and thyme, spray with oil spray. Roast for 30 minutes until golden and tender, turning the veg half way through.
- Once cooked, remove the chickpeas and roasted veg from the oven, season both with salt and pepper. Heat the lentils in the microwave.
- To serve divide the veg, chickpeas and lentils evenly. Add the tahini, maple syrup, pinch of salt and hot water to a small bowl and stir.
- Spoon the tahini dressing over the veg.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!