Seared Flank Steak with BBQ Lentils, Pickled Jalapenos and Kale
These BBQ lentils are undeniably moreish – you’ll want to put them with everything!
Suitable for gluten-free
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Tomatoey French Puy & Green Lentils
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil, dived
- 125g kale, cleaned and stems removed
- 30g pickled jalopeno chillies, chopped
- fresh parsley to finish
For the alabama hot sauce
- 100g mayonnaise
- 25ml cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (hot)
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper
- Warm a sauce pan to medium heat and cook onions for 2-3 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for a further 1 minute
- Add the pack of lentils and BBQ sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the alabama hot sauce and set aside
- Heat the grill and season steaks with salt and pepper, grill for 3-4 minutes per side and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain
- Add oil to a warm pan and sauté kale for 3 minutes, may need a splash of water to steam a bit
- Serve all together on a plate, pour the sauce over the steak and top with chopped jalapeno and parsley
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!