Smoky Spanish-style Grains & Rice Paella with Chorizo and Prawns
A tongue-tango of Smoky Spanish Style Grains, chorizo, peppers, paprika & prawns. Awe and some
By Alex Mackay
Suitable for dairy-free
- 1 x 375g smoky Spanish-style grains and rice
- 2 small red onions, peeled, halved, sliced into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for topping
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g chorizo, halved, and cut on an angle
- 200ml vegetable stock or water
- 12 de-shelled prawns
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- Salt and smoked paprika
1.Get a large shallow pan. Add the onions, garlic, peppers and extra virgin oil. Sweat for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft
2.Add the smoky Spanish-style grains and rice, tinned chopped tomatoes, chorizo and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and smoked paprika
3.Add the prawns. Press them into the sauce. Poach over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, turning once, until the prawns are just cooked through
4.Sprinkle the parsley over the top
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!