Spanish-Style Rice Balls with vegan Aioli
The easiest summertime lunch recipe to power you through your day, pack into picnics or make in bulk for the week ahead!
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Smoky Spanish Style Grains
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g mushrooms, peeled and chopped
- Ground almonds or oat flour (I used around 8 tbsp)
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion for a few minutes. Add in the garlic and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Toss in the mushrooms and fry until the onion is translucent. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place into a blender along with the contents of the Merchant Gourmet Spanish-Style Rice & Grains. Blend until the mixture breaks down and sticks together. Tip into a bowl, then stir in ground almonds, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is firm enough to roll into balls. Season to taste, then roll into balls and fry or bake at 180C for 15 minutes. Serve with vegan aioli and fresh leaves.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!