Spiced Puy Lentil & Carrot Fritters
Served with chopped coriander & drizzled over tahini for a scrumptious breakfast – although they would be delicious at any meal!
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 large carrot
- 125g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Pinch each of salt & black pepper
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or other non-dairy milk alternative)
- ½ tsp coconut oil for cooking
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Wash and grate the carrot. Squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, mix the grated carrot with the Puy Lentils, plain flour, garam masala, salt & pepper and almond milk until well combined.
- Heat a frying pan with the coconut oil then spoon in the mixture, using around 1 tbsp per fritter.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and crispy, then serve.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!