Spiced Winter salad with orange, fennel and radicchio
Bring some colour to the table with the best of winter’s seasonal fruits and vegetables for this fresh and filling salad. Orange and pomegranate bring bursts of juiciness against the bitterness of radicchio, all brought together by the Spiced Grains & Chestnuts.
Suitable for vegans
- 1 Orange
- 1 Fennel
- 1 Radicchio
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Spiced Grains & Chestnuts
- Olive oil
- Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut the orange into segments and put in one bowl, squeezing all the juice into another
- Finely slice the fennel either using a mandolin (watch those fingers!) or a very sharp knife and put into the bowl with the orange juice and mix well to coat
- Halve the pomegranate and bash with a spoon on the curved side to knock all the seeds out into a bowl
- Toss torn radicchio leaves with the fennel slices, orange segments and the Spiced Grains & Chestnuts and put in a serving bowl or between 2 plates
- Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and a quick dressing of 1 part cider vinegar, 3 parts olive oil with salt and pepper to season.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!