Spicy Korean Grain Slaw
The key to this dish is the slicing of your vegetables, the finer the better! Eat with BBQ prawns, pork or beef.
Suitable for dairy-free and vegetarians
- 2 x pouches of Merchant Gourmet Korean Grains
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 2 handfuls of bean sprouts
- A sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds, (white, black or both)
- A handful of coriander leaves
For the dressing
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled
- 3 heaped tsp gochujang
- 3 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 5 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 heaped tsp white miso
- 4 tsp water
- A squeeze of honey or agave
- Shred the cabbage as finely as possible and grate the carrot using a mandolin or grater. Slice the spring onions finely and chop the red pepper into thin matchsticks. Add all the veg to a large mixing bowl along with the bean sprouts and the grains.
- Grate the ginger into a bowl (a microplane is best for this) then add the other dressing ingredients, whisking together with a fork. Pour this on to the grain mixture and toss everything together so it’s well coated. Season if necessary.
- Pile the slaw onto a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!