Mexican Style Spicy Veggie Balls
These Mexican Style Veggie Balls are packed full of flavours and takes no time at all to make thanks to Merchant Gourmet precooked Mexican style Rice Grain and pulses.
This recipe is
- Low saturated fat
- Low sugar
- Source of fibre
- Source of thiamin, phosporus, copper
- High manganese
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 100g of chestnut mushrooms -finely sliced
- 1 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Mexican Style Grains & Pulses
- 1/2 cup of oat flour
- Add the onion and garlic to a pan with a drizzle of oil and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes until the mushrooms have cooked down and all the water has evaporated.
- Add the mixture to a food processor together with Merchant Gourmet Mexican style grains & pulses and the oat flour.
- Pulse few times until you have a fairly smooth but not too overly processed mixture.
- Roll it into balls.
- Fry the veggie balls in a little bit of oil in a frying pan for few minutes each sides.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!