Squash, Feta and Orange Salad
Fresh flavours and beautiful colours – just what you need from a quick and easy salad!
Suitable for vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Wheatberries with Quinoa & Soya
- 1 Small Butternut Squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks 3-4cm
- 2 tbsp Veg Oil
- 4-5 Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil, sliced finely
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 30g Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful of Watercress
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Place the chunks of squash in a roasting dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with vegetable oil. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned – then set aside to cool
2. Mix the grains, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Season to taste
3. Lay a bed of watercress onto two plates – then spoon the grain mixture over the top
4. Arrange the squash and orange segments on top of the grains. Crumble over the feta and garnish with a good scattering of pumpkin seeds
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!