Steak with Puglia Lentils, Truffle Oil and Blue Cheese
These Puglia lentils with truffle oil are the new kids on the block. Served simply with steak and blue cheese, the flavours speak for themselves.
Suitable for gluten-free
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Puglia Lentils with a hint of truffle
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 50g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 50g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g asparagus
- 25g stilton
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Brush the steaks with a little olive oil and season generously with salt and cracked black pepper. Heat a frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot, then fry the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare to medium (or until done to your liking). Rest on a chopping board
- In the same pan sauté, the mushrooms and asparagus in olive oil for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt, black pepper and thyme leaves. Add in the cherry tomatoes halved and sauté for another five minutes
- Mix in the Puglia lentils to the pan to warm through. Once warm, place the lentil and veg mix on a plate
- Slice the steak into thin strips and place on top of the bed of lentils, or at the side of the plate depending on preference, then crumble the blue cheese over the top with a glug of olive oil
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!