Summer Quinoa Salad with a Cashew Basil cream
A healthy, plant-based lunch to enjoy at home or take with you to work by Being Healthful – make sure to follow this lady on Instagram for more inspiration on healthy and delicious recipes.
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free and vegans
For the quinoa salad
- 1 x 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Red & White Quinoa
- 30g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp of coconut oil/ olive oil
- 150g tenderstem broccoli
- generous handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- a pinch of pink himalayan salt
- juice of 1 lemon
For the cashew basil cream
- 150g olive oil
- 30g fresh basil
- 150g of cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 glove of garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- To make the Cashew Basil Cream, add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and whizz to a smooth consistency. The mixture should make enough for several servings, and therefore you will be able to store it in the fridge in an air tight container.
- For the salad, heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add your tender-stem broccoli and about 1tbsp of water to the pan.
- Add your spices and nutritional yeast, then cover the pan so that the broccoli can steam and cook.
- As the broccoli begins to soften add the spinach and quinoa. Stir, and cover for another 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Prepare your sun-dried tomatoes and lemon. When the spinach has wilted add the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture and add in 1 large heaped tbsp of the the ‘Cashew Basil Cream’. Coat the entirety of the mixture with the cream and transfer to a plate or Tupperware.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!