Sun-dried Tomato, Chilli and Herb Tagliatelle
A quick and delicious pasta dish with all the simplicity and burst of flavour of hearty Italian cooking.
Suitable for dairy-free
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 75g pine nuts
- 50g anchovy fillets, drained, chopped and soaked in milk for 5 minutes
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli, crumbled
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 50g Merchant Gourmet Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil, roughly chopped
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- handful of basil leaves, roughly torn
- ground black pepper
- Tagliatelle pasta to accompany
1. Heat a pan, add the olive oil, then add the garlic and fry on a very low heat. Add the pinenuts, anchovies and dried chilli continue cooking for 2 minutes or until the anchovies have broken down
2. Add the can of chopped tomatoes, Merchant Gourmet Sun Dried Tomatoes, 400ml water, lemon zest and juice, and cook for 20 –25 minutes. Add a little more water if the mixture looks too thick
3. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and add to the sauce. Toss together, season with plenty of black pepper and add the basil leaves just before serving
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!