Super Seed Granola
Our quinoa granola packs a mighty crunch indeed, served with greek or coconut yoghurt and a mango and passion fruit syrup.
– By Alex Mackay
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Red & White Quinoa
- 150g rolled oats
- 100g pecan nuts, chopped (each into 4 so they are recognisable)
- 100g flaked almonds
- 200ml maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 very orange oranges
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
1. Pre-Heat your oven to 170C / gas 3 Middle Shelf.
2. Get a large baking sheet with low sides. Put the Quinoa, the oats, pecans, flaked almonds, maple syrup and vanilla extract on top. Mix together well.
3. Spread the mixture thinly over the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Stir every ten minutes.
4. Take the tray out of the oven. Finely grate (microplane) the orange zest directly over the top. Mix together well.
5. Turn the heat down to 150C, bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Check and stir frequently.
6. Remove the granola from the oven, cool and store in an airtight container.
7. Spoon your fruit into bowls or glasses. Spoon the yoghurt alongside. Just before serving, sprinkle the granola on top.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!