Super Tasty Quinoa Salad
This colourful salad is full of goodness, flavour and texture.
Suitable for gluten-free and vegetarians
- Handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red and White Quinoa
- Half a pomegranate
- 100g Sugarsnaps
- Half a cucumber
- 100g feta cheese
- Handful of cress
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 4 tsp Soya Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice (about 1 tbsp)
- Half tsp sugar
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 sprigs of mint, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 Avocado
1. First toast the seeds in a dry pan on a medium heat for 2 minutes, then add 2 tsp of soya sauce to the pan, and allow the seeds to coat evenly, remove from the heat, and set aside
2. Cut the cucumber and avocado into about 2cm cubes, and place in a mixing bowl
3. To the mixing bowl, add the soya beans, sugar snaps, fresh herbs, crumble the feta into rough chunks (about 2cm) scatter the red pomegranate seeds by popping them out of the outer peel
4. Knead the Quinoa in the unopened pouch, then add this to the mixing bowl, along with 2 tsp soya sauce, the Olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, pinch of black pepper, half a tsp of sugar and the toasted seeds
5. Mix well to combine, then serve with a handful of cress on top
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!