Tequila Lime Chicken Taco Bowl with Spanish Rice and Salsa
This zingy chicken dish takes just 30 minutes from prep to plate, perfect for a midweek meal with a citrus kick.
Suitable for dairy-free
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Smoky Spanish-Style Grains & Rice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp of crushed coriander seeds
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- 30 ml tequila blanco
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil, split
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- hot sauce (such as Cholula)
- coriander leaves
- sour cream
- fresh limes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- 50g feta cheese
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Slice the red onion and mix with the coriander seeds, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and half of the lime juice. Set aside until needed
- To marinate the chicken, mix together the tequila, grape seed oil, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, chopped coriander and the rest of the lime juice, saving one tablespoon of oil for grilling. Marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least 30 minutes. If you can do it overnight, it is even tastier
- Remove chicken from the marinade, pat dry and brush with some oil. Grill for around 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Set aside and rest for a few minutes, slice thinly against the grain into strips
- Warm the rice in a skillet with a few tablespoons of water, stirring so as not to burn.
- Assemble in two deep bowls. Serve the chicken and onions over the rice and garnish with all the veggies and condiments. Squeeze lime juice all over the bowl
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!