Aromatic Korean Grains with Chilli Prawns
A wonderfully fresh, lightly spiced speedy supper. Looks great and couldn’t be easier. If you’re entertaining, you can prep the marinade in advance and pop the prawns in it (in the fridge) for longer than 30 mins. Then all you need to do is throw them in a pan and you’re away!
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 5 spring onions – sliced at an angle, into 1 inch pieces
- ½ tsp fresh red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ red pepper, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 200g raw prawns (if frozen, ensure they are fully defrosted)
- 1 x pouch of Merchant Gourmet Zingy Korean-Style Grains
- A small handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Start by making the marinade: mix together the lime juice, chopped coriander, spring onions, chillies, fish sauce and veg oil in a small bowl. Add the prawns and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
2. Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in a frying pan. Toss in the sliced red peppers, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the marinated prawns to the pan of peppers, and cook over a medium heat for about 5-8 minutes, until the prawns are pink and completely cooked through.
4. Heat the Merchant Gourmet Zingy Korean-Style Grains, according to the instructions on the pack. Divide the heated rice mix into two bowls, and pop the prawn and pepper mixture on top.
Scatter with chopped coriander and serve with freshly cut lime wedges.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!