Vegan Spinach & Feta Quiche
A plant-based classic quiche that’s perfect for summer lunch times
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 sheet vegan-friendly shortcrust pastry - defrosted
- 350g silken tofu
- 1 large tbsp corn-starch
- 25g nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 100g vegan feta or alt. vegan cheese
- 1 leek
- 75g fresh spinach
- 1 white onion
- 125g of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Pre-heat the oven to 175c. Grease or line a pie dish with baking paper and line with your pastry. Pre-bake in the oven for 10 minutes whilst you make your filling.
- Dice the onion and chop the leek and add to a large frying pan with a little oil. Cook on a medium heat until soft and brown. Add in the spinach and keep cooking until this has wilted down. Take off the heat. Once this has cooled a little, add the veggies to a few paper towels to squeeze out any extra moisture.
- Next, add the silken tofu with the turmeric, corn starch and nutritional yeast to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in your veggies and ½ cup of quinoa, and crumble in the vegan feta.
- Spread this mixture across the pre-baked pastry and cook for a further 20 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!