Veggie Tacu Tacu with Fried Plantain & Aji Verde Sauce
A traditional Peruvian dish but veggie style! Hearty and full of flavour, this recipe is perfect for a wholesome mid week meal
Suitable for vegetarians
- 1 ripe plantain
- 1 Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Peruvian Grains
- 1 cup mixed beans – we used borlotti and black beans
- Avocado to serve
For the Aji Verde Sauce
- 2 large bunches of coriander, roughly chopped
- 130g vegan mayo
- Juice of 1 ½ limes
- 40g cup chopped jalapenos
- 15g cup nutritional yeast
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- To make the sauce, add the coriander, mayo, lime juice, jalapenos, nutritional yeast to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add salt to season and blend again.
- Heat a generous covering of rapeseed or vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add in chopped discs of plantain. Fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Pat down with a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Meanwhile, add the mixed beans and Peruvian Grains to a saucepan with a small dash of water and cook for a couple of minutes until soft on a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Once cooked, add to a plate and top with fried plantain and avocado, pouring on a generous amount of aji verde sauce to serve.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!