Warm Caprese Salad
Braised cherry tomatoes tumbling over cool burrata, on a bed of our Pesto-ey Italian-Infused Grains, drizzled with basil oil and served with toasted ciabatta. Recipe by TodayWeCooked.
Suitable for vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Pesto-ey Italian-Infused Grains
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- 3 or 4 small balls of burrata or mozzarella
- a handful of fresh basil
- toasted ciabatta (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic cloves and the cherry tomatoes and cook on a high heat. When the tomato skins have started to burst and have some colour, add half of the basil and a splash of balsamic and stir to coat
- In a separate pan prepare the pesto-y grains as per the packet instructions. When heated through spoon the grains onto a plate. Tear the balls of burrata and dot around the plate on top of the grains
- Finally, remove the garlic from the tomatoes and carefully spoon them over the grains and cheese. Tear the rest of the basil and sprinkle over the plate and serve the salad with some toasted ciabatta
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!