Winter Vegan Lentil Curry
Lentils are a great source of protein and add a different dimension to any plant-based dish. They are also packed full of iron, are high in fibre and promote good gut bacteria.
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (preferably soaked the night before)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 125g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga Lentils
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup peas
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped into cubes
- Brown rice
- Fresh Coriander
For the Curry Base
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Put the rice on to cook. Whilst the rice is cooking peel and chop the sweet potatoes.
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes or until soft.
- In a blender process the cashew nuts, coconut oil, coconut milk, water and curry base. In a wok, with a knob of coconut oil, add all the vegetables and stir until soft then add the curry sauce from the blender and lastly, stir in the Merchant Gourmet Beluga Lentils.
- Serve with the brown rice and lots of chopped up coriander.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!