Perfect your pancake day!
It’s almost time get your frying pans out, whisk up your eggs and practise flipping those pancakes and we couldn’t be more excited! Historically pancake day was the last day to use up eggs and fats before the fasting of Lent began. Our pancakes still have all the good bits (butter) but also have all the goodness of our grains inside!
Our tips for perfecting your pancakes!
- Mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then combine gently for soft fluffy pancakes!
- Follow our recipes for a fool proof batter or adding spices, citrus zest or vanilla extract for an extra level of flavour.
- Heat your pan gently until it’s hot all over – your butter should be hot but not smoking.
- Add a small amount of butter to a non-stick frying pan and swirl until it’s all coated.
- Use a piece of kitchen towel to wipe up any excess butter before adding your batter.
- Cook each pancake until you start to see small bubbles forming on top, wait another 30 seconds – then flip!
A classic combination of pancakes, bacon and maple syrup, all with a tasty twist provided by pancakes made with quinoa in place of flour. The quinoa gives the pancakes a nutty flavour and a little crunchiness.
Make your pancakes extra special! The elderflower cordial in this recipe adds a lovely sweetness to the blackberries and the Super Seed Mix adds great texture.
These little pancakes have a delightful nutty texture which taste and work wonderfully with this sharp and sweet tropical fruit sauce.
Delicious savoury pancakes with a variety of textures and flavours make this dish a great brunch! Spicy sriracha is delicious with the sweet saltiness of the maple bacon.
Puy Lentil pancakes with sliced peaches and berries