Beluga Lentil & Balsamic Beetroot Salad
This dark and delicious vegan salad is a massively moreish mix of texture and flavour.
By Alex Mackay
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga Lentils
- Grated zest of 1 orange and 5 tbsp of juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 350g cooked red beetroot; half grated, half diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 10 pepperdew peppers, halved
- Seeds from 1/4 pomegranate or 60g
- A pinch of salt, sugar and cayenne pepper
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- In a large bowl mix the orange zest and juice, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
- Warm the Beluga Lentils according to the instructions on the pouch. Stir them into the dressing
- Add the grated and diced beetroot. Stir together well, season to taste with salt, sugar to balance the acidity of the citrus and cayenne pepper for a little more bite
- Mix in the Peppadew peppers and pomegranate Seeds. Serve
Soft, fresh, white goat’s cheese would make a delightful addition to this dish
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!