Beluga Lentil Bolognese
This Beluga Lentil Bolognese is a huge hit with most children and meat eaters! This quick, easy, flavourful and super delicious recipe is really handy when you’re pressed for time and you can rest easy that you’re eating a filling and nourishing meal packed full of protein and fibre!
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 celery stick, washed and finely diced
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 heaped tablespoon of oregano
- 200ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon brown miso paste
- 1tbs tomato puree
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 300ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400g linguine
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga Lentils
- Place a large pot over a medium heat and pour in the olive oil. Once the oil is warm, add the onion, celery and carrot and sauté until soft and translucent, around 5-7 minutes. Stir continuously. Add the garlic and oregano, and stir for a further 5 minutes. Next add the red wine, miso paste, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes as well as 300ml of water. Reduce and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce it cooking, boil the linguine, following the package instructions.
- Once the sauce is done, add salt and pepper to taste as well as 1 package of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga lentils, stir and combine.
- Serve warm with some fresh basil or nutritional yeast.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!