Beluga Lentil Hummus with Caramelised Garlic
“I love the drama of this, with the deep back lentils. Hummus is a common dish, but using the black beluga lentils is an interesting and easy way to make it different. I love the soft caramelised garlic flavour too and this is a great snack or starter.”
By Sophie Michell
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga Lentils
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 small handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pitta Bread
- Sliced Carrots and Radishes
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
1. This is incredibly easy – lightly wrap the whole garlic clove in foil and pop it in the oven for 40 minutes at 180C, until soft
2.Let it cool and squeeze the insides into a blender, along with the beluga lentils, lemon, olive oil and spices
3.Blitz until fine, check the seasoning and add a touch of water if it needs loosening up a touch
4.Serve with a drizzle of oil and a sprinkling of parsley. Toast the pita and serve alongside with the radishes
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!