“Chestnut butter is totally vegan and totally delicious whether you are vegan or not. It is delicious spread on toasted baguette or baked sweet potatoes, great to stir into soups, pasta sauces, risottos and glorious in combination with chutney and cheese on crackers. While it has a similar texture to softened dairy butter, chestnut butter doesn’t melt in the same way, but it gives you the same creamy satisfaction and delight otherwise. Pumpkin seed and walnut oil both work well, if you have any other nut oils they will be worth a try, as would good olive oil.”
By Merchant Gourmet Cook, Alex Mackay
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 200g pouch Merchant Gourmet Simply Blended Chestnut Puree
- 3 tbsp walnut oil or pumpkin seed oil
- Salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blend the chestnut puree and oil together until very smooth.
- Stir in the salt and pepper. Pop a few salt flakes on top for a bit of crunch.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!