Chocolate chestnut truffles
These chestnut chocolate truffles are seriously decadent and yet really easy to make. Roll in cocoa powder, or get creative with your toppings, coating in white chocolate, or rolling in some Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnut pieces.
20 Minutes Prep - 1 Hour to set
Suitable for vegetarians
- 100g Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Puree
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- 40g light brown sugar
- 25g cocoa powder to dust
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat together the sugar and chestnut puree with a wooden spoon until smooth, or blitz in a food processor for a few seconds.
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the cream until hot through but not boiling. Once hot, add the chocolate and stir continuously until fully melted. Add the purée and sugar mixture and stir again until completely smooth.
- Pour into the loaf tin, then place in the fridge for an hour, or until set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge and sieve a little cocoa powder onto a clean work surface. Using a teaspoon, scoop out some of the truffle mixture and roll into a ball, then roll in the cocoa powder until coated. Repeat the process until no mixture remains.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!