Fully Loaded Puy Lentil & Avocado Burritos
These easy, veggie burritos are a perfect, tasty mid week meal and a healthy plant-based alternative to a family classic.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 160g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- 1 x 250g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Mexican Style Grains
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp taco spice mix (or a mix of chili powder, garlic, oregano, paprika, cumin)
- 3 x tortilla wraps
- Yoghurt or crème fraiche (dairy-free)
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Finely dice the onion and chop the red pepper into thin strips. Heat rapeseed or olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat and add in the onion and pepper. Stir, softening the veggies and turning them golden brown.
- Once the veggies are cooking nicely, add your puy lentils and Mexican grains. Stir well and add the taco spice mix along with salt and pepper to season. Keeping on stirring for about 5 minutes, until everything is nice and soft.
- Now, assemble! Add the lentil mix to the middle of your tortilla, along with some sliced avocado, salsa and a dollop of vegan crème fraiche. Fold like a pro (top and bottom in first) before rolling) cut in half and dig in!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!