Jerk Veg Kebabs with Cajun-style Lentils and kidney beans
The classic veggie kebab spiced up with a global flavour infusion! This is vegetables at their best, simply flavoured and simply cooked with a side of Cajun-style pulses. Seriously, who needs meat?!
This recipe is high in fibre, a source of protein and low in fat, saturated fat, salt and sugar
Suitable for vegans
- 1 x red onion, cut in to 3-5cm pieces
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 x yellow pepper, cut in to 3-5cm pieces
- 1 x courgette, cut crosswise in 2-3 cm slices (1/2 moon)
- Handful of button mushrooms
- jerk spice (cayenne, garlic & onion powder, smoked paprika, nutmeg, black pepper, salt)
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Spicy Cajun-Style Lentils & Kidney Beans
- Spray oil
- Green salad
1. Combine the chopped vegetables with the jerk seasoning.
2. Place the vegetables on skewers, spray with a little oil and then grill or cook through the oven until the veg is soft and slightly browned.
3. Heat the Spicy Cajun-Style Lentils and Kidney Beans as per pack instructions
4. Serve the lentil and kidney bean mix with the skewers and dressed green salad.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!