Korean Vegan Tacos
Tasty tacos that ate fresh, quick and perfect for a light and easy summer meal
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 300 g marinated tofu*
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 6 soft taco wraps (or small tortillas)
- 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Zingy Korean Style Grains
- Mixture of chopped raw red cabbage, carrot and spring onions, sliced
- Sriracha sauce
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes. Add the oil to a frying pan and turn the heat up high.
- Place the cubes in the hot oil and fry on each side for 3-4 minutes each, until browned and crispy. Turn off the heat and add the sriracha sauce, gently stirring to coat all of the tofu. Then mix with the Korean-style grains.
- To assemble the tacos, take a wrap and add 3 tbsp of the grains and tofu mixture. Load with the slices of raw vegetables and onion. Top with kimchi, extra sriracha, mayonnaise and fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*You can buy tofu ready-marinated or make your own quick marinade by combining 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp garlic powder and a pinch of ground ginger together. Place the tofu in a shallow food container and pour the marinade over it. Leave for at least an hour or overnight.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!