Mini Toast with Chestnut Spread & Roasted Grapes
You could bottle the chestnut spread in this recipe and eat it straight from the jar over the festive period, it’s that delicious! Combine it with mini toast and roasted grapes and you have the perfect starter on Christmas day.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- 1 pack (200g) Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Puree
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1tbs maple syrup
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 300g sweet red grapes, washed
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2tsp dried thyme
- 1 white baguette bread, cut into slices and lightly toasted
- A few chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Ground pepper (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Place all the ingredients for the chestnut spread in a bowl and, with a handheld blender (or regular blender), mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- Place the grapes in a large bowl, drizzle over the olive oil, sprinkle over the salt and dried thyme and with a wooden spoon, briefly mix so that the grapes are evenly covered by the other ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof baking paper. Place the grapes on top and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst the grapes are in the oven, prep the mini toast slices by covering each with a generous serving of chestnut spread. Once the grapes are done, allow them to cool for about 5-10 minutes, then evenly distribute over the toast, top with chives and/or a sprinkle of pepper. Serve immediately.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!