‘Shroom & Lentil No-Sausage Rolls
These tasty rolls taste just as good as the real thing and a lot healthier for you
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 150g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped⠀
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard⠀
- 1 tbsp sage
- 65g fine oats
- 125g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga Lentils
- 60g vegan cheese, we used mozzarella
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry - defrosted
- Olive oil to brush
- Pre-heat the oven to 175c.
- Finely chop your veggies. Heat about a tbsp of oil in a frying pan and add the finely chopped onion and mushrooms. Keeping stirring, cooking until soft and browned. Add the sage, lentils and mustard and stir well again. Take off the heat and add in the oats and vegan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Flour your kitchen surface and unravel the puff pastry. At the edge of the pastry, leave about 7cm space before adding the veggie mixture, to allow enough pastry to fold over the top. Fold in tight, and seal the edges with a fork, cutting the pasty lengthways. Cut into individual sausage rolls (about 4cm pieces) and score the tops gently with a knife – make sure to not cut through the pastry. Repeat this with the rest of the mixture and pasty.
- Place the sausage rolls on a greased baking tray and cook for 45 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool a little before eating.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!