Roasted vegetable salad with Spiced Grains & Chestnuts
Hunker down with this super comforting salad packed with sweet roasted root veg, Spiced Grains and Chestnuts, fresh kale, and the zing of quick pickled red onions – a real crowd pleaser for a feast or the perfect use for some leftover roasted veg.
Suitable for vegans
- 4 medium-sized carrots (mixed colour/heritage make for a colourful display)
- 4 parsnips
- 4-6 mixed beetroots (size depending)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 red onion
- Red wine vinegar
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Spiced Grains & Chestnuts
- ½ bag kale, stalks removed
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Quarter parsnips and carrots lengthways and put into a roasting tin with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Quarter beetroots and put into a separate roasting tin with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Roast all vegetable for 25-30 mins checking that they are cooked through
- Once cooked through, coat the carrots and parsnips with maple syrup and put back in the oven for 5-10 mins until sticky and do the same with the beetroots but with the balsamic vinegar
- Finely slice the red onion, mix well with a pinch of salt and sugar then sprinkle over a few spoons of red wine vinegar and leave to marinade
- Sprinkle kale with olive oil and salt and massage until the leaves become soft
- Toss together kale, roasted vegetables and Spiced Grains & Chestnuts and put into large serving bowl or split between individual plates and top with the pickled red onion slices and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!